Re: (PM) No answers!

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 07:47:30 -0800

Steve Coleman wrote:

> Don't forget, with the channelized T1's, each T1 has one
> modem/line that is used by
> the telco (at least thats what they tell me). So, with
> 2 T1's with 48 modems, you will
> only have 46 modems availible for callers.

No, CT1 give access to all 24 slots per T1 as long as the telco is providing
them. PRI give access to up to 23b Channels for incoming calls and uses one 1
Channel for the D channel for signaling.

> One of our techs was getting 52000 consistantly. He moved
> 5 miles closer to the CO but
> now is lucky to get 26000.

Sounds like he is now behind a SLC.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"