Re: (PM) Rebooting boxes

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 07:43:10 -0800

Richard Morrell wrote:

> My portmangler (ComOS 3.8.2) has dropped from having 872840 available
> memory to 810912 available memory in 6 days. Can anyone tell me if this
> is normal? (I don't have any fancy routing stuff running like BGP or
> OSPF).

The amount of memory will take a bit to stabilize as the system is up and
running. However if it keeps dropping then there might be a problem.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"