Re: (PM) No answers!

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 07:41:12 -0800

Shawn Ring wrote:

> I have PM3s using channelized T1s. I am experiencing, to often to ignore,
> problems where a customer will dial in and get no answer. It ill just
> remain silent, not even a ring. I have plenty of lines ready to except the
> calls. I see them close to fill up every night. But this problem happens
> anytime during the day and I have PM3s available. Could this be a telco
> issue, or are the PM3s just not answering?

Do you have as many modems as you have lines?

> I am also finding 2 portmasters with a bad modem. I have put in "set m32
> off" to busy the bad ones out (neither of them are m32, I am just using
> this one as an example), will that cause the issue in the first paragraph?

If you do not have any extra modems and are setting some modesm off you will
not be able to correctly answer the calls. I would get a tick open with
support and try to track down what is happening.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"