Re: (PM) Livingston Support

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:43:46 -0800

RTS wrote:

> Now on Sunday.. I have gotten a couple of calls. The one is using a
> Rockwell modem with the latest V.90 standard. According to the box.

Have you tried limiting the max connect rate or the commas after the phone
number?

Here is the information support will need to be able to debug the infomartion
and the same info posted to the list may help someone here figure out what may
be the problem.

from http://www.livingston.com/tech/technotes/300/300013.html

Manufacturer and model of the modem experiencing problems.

Modem product code. To access this information, ask the modem user to enter
the ATI0 command at the OK prompt. The output of the ATI0 command is a 3-digit
ASCII string.

More specific information. Ask the modem user to enter the ATI11 command for
specific information about the operation of the modem.

Firmware version. Ask the modem user to enter the ATI3 command to access the
firmware version in numerical format. The modem must be running the latest
V.90 software released by the modem manufacturer. Lucent Technologies does not
maintain documents on manufacture software releases.

Hardware or diagnostics. Ask the modem user to enter the ATI6 command to
access hardware information on some modems and link diagnostics on others.

Configuration profile screen (For U.S. Robotics modems only). Ask the modem
user to enter the ATI7 command. This command displays a configuration screen
where the user can verify that V.90 is enabled.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"