Re: (PM) SUMMARY - looking for opinions - PM3 and AS5300 (fwd)

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 08:52:21 -0800

ruben@vuurwerk.nl wrote:

> Do others have the feeling there's a relation between quality of
> telephone-line and HCF problems?

There is a big connection. The cleaner the line the better the
connection in most cases. Down in florida I had a customer out on a
island and could only get 14.4K off their fax line and 9600 off their
normal line. They were at the end of a long run with lots of bridge
taps between them and the the other end. Same boxes at another location
worked fine.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"