Re: (PM) Multicast Routing

Dave (dat@insync.net)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:03:50 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, John Storms wrote:

> At the moment we do not support IGMP. There are no firm plans to
> incorporate this feature into the PortMaster. OSPF and RIPv2 (in PM4
> 4.1 alphas) use multicast addresses, but this is far from a full
> fledged IGMP implementation.

I know that OSPF (I presume that it uses multicast, as that's standard for
OSPF) has been working on the PM4 since we got ours, running 4.0.b11, and
it continues to run on 4.0.3. I've heard through the grapevine that IGMP
should be supported in 4.1, though I don't know that the implementation
will be fully functional.

--
David Thomas <dat@insync.net>                    (v) (713) 407-7000 x121
Network Administrator                            (f) (713) 407-7070