Re: (PM) What the heck is going on with my PM????

Douglas Michaud (admin6@teleport.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:46:26 -0800

In message <000a01be579b$85251560$130439ce@fastuser.elroynet.com>, "Tony Harris
" writes:

>I tried to reset, but it wouldn't let me reset my lines - it kept giving me,
>can not reset when I did:
>
>reset line1 (when I was having trouble with a second line in the box)

reset line1 is not a valid ComOS command. you can reset hardwired ports,
modems, serials, etc, but not the lines themselves.

forgive me for being dense, but what evidence do you have that it is
definately the PM that's freezing out the trunks ? USWest, unless
specified otherwise, runs a wink test, depending on the size of the
switch, probably once every 2 weeks. If for any reason this test
interprets the far-end client (ie your pm) as not answering, it will
put the trunk out of service. this bit me a few times. i don't know
if that's happening, but i guess my point is that there's nothing here
that points either to the PM or the telco as to what the problem might
be. Get on the line with them, explain the situation.

or maybe you've done that ?

--

------- Douglas Michaud, {dmichaud|admin6}@teleport.com, Network Engineering PGP Id=FADF93C5, Fprint=B9 04 FD FA E7 4C 83 69 DD 45 E2 D2 17 D5 DD 2F Teleport, Inc | 319 SW Washington #400, PDX OR | 503.223.0076