Re: (PM) Simultaneous Boot-Offs for NT Radius/PM3??

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:46:04 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, System Support wrote:

> We now have some users abusing our service by "sharing" their user id's.
> I've noticed a bunch of people with multiple logins. The easiest way to
> prevent this is to do that, prevent it from occurring. (As an aside, I
> can't believe this functionality was never built into Radius NT
> (Livingstons)) Anyways, I see all kinds of posts about TSMON and PMMON, but
> all of these are Unix apps. Is there anything that is available for NT
> other than replacing Radius altogether with a different one that has this
> built-in support?

Personally, when I note a possible abuse, I contact the account holder and
ask them if they need to sign up for additional access and inform them of
the multiple logins.

If they are incredulous, I try to persuade them to change the password and
reiterate that they should NOT give out their password. If it continues
then I sometimes stick in a static ip address and wait for a call
complaining about the connectivity, to which, I'll ask them which logs
they want to see regarding the multiple logins and ask them why it's still
happening. 8) Amazing when the hand is caught in the cookie jar they'll
often apologize and you won't see it happen again.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>