Re: (PM) Unknown term type

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:04:50 -0800

KarynWilliams wrote:

> PM2
> ComOS 3.7
>
> I am trying to setup a profile for users to telnet to one of our hosts
> (IRIX 5.3) from a terminal program to use pine. I am able to connect and
> login to the host, but when it runs .login (csh) the term type is set to
> unknown.

I think this is what you want:

joan> set s3 term vt100
Terminal Type for port S3 changed from to vt100
joan>

http://www.livingston.com/tech/docs/config.new/async.fm.html

--8< CLIP >8---
Setting the Terminal Type

You can set the terminal type for a port if it has been configured as a
user login or twoway port and you have set the login service to
PortMaster, rlogin, or Telnet. The terminal type is passed as an
environment variable when a connection is established with a host. The
terminal type should be compatible with the host you are logging in to.

You can set the terminal type for all asynchronous ports simultaneously
using the set all termtype command.

--8< CLIP >8---

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@sobhrach.com>
[Test Engineer - Radius ABM] - LUCENT Technologies RABU
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"