Re: (PM) Simultaneous Boot-Offs for NT Radius/PM3??

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@denalics.net)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:01:03 -0900 (AKST)

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, System Support wrote:

> We now have some users abusing our service by "sharing" their user id's.
> I've noticed a bunch of people with multiple logins. The easiest way to
> prevent this is to do that, prevent it from occurring. (As an aside, I
> can't believe this functionality was never built into Radius NT
> (Livingstons)) Anyways, I see all kinds of posts about TSMON and PMMON, but
> all of these are Unix apps. Is there anything that is available for NT
> other than replacing Radius altogether with a different one that has this
> built-in support?

This is not a RADIUS thing, radius is for auth, not direct user
management. Programs such as TSMON do this, and some aftermarket RADIUS
servers as a side item, having nothing to do with acting as a radius
server. As far as NT one could hack together (or find) somthing done in
perl, making it OS transparent.

----
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
--About the Internet and nuclear war.