Re: (PM) Can PM3 pick a certain dial-out channel on PRI?

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:51:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Steve Weaver wrote:

> I'd like to replace this USR piece of junk with a PM3. I need to know
> if I can set the PM3 to use a certain PRI channel for each dial-out
> ISDN line. Eg. I have the USR box set so that s22 is the only port in
> dial group 22. I put the location I want to dial in group 22, and it
> always uses the same PRI channel to dial-out. Will the PM3 do this or
> does it just pick any PRI channel (which might not be dial-out
> capable)?

Yes, you can do this. We do very similiar things with our PM3. We have
half our PRI in hunt, and the other half is for dialout. We setup the PM3
to use specific channels for each dialout customer.

The Netserver OS is based on ComOS, which is used in the PM3, so the
commands should be the same.

Brian