Re: (PM) Busy out one T1 on PM3?

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 03:59:25 -0700 (PDT)

On 2 Jul 1998, Brian Elfert wrote:

> I know that 3.7.2c3 introduced a modem busy out command.
>
> Will this work to busy out just one CT1, or does it do the whole chassis?
>
> The whole chassis won't help, as I only have one PM3 for modem calls. The
> other is for ISDN only.

Neither, it busys out modems (read: DSPs) only. Although this section of
the 3.7.2c3 release notes might better answer as to what your actually
trying to do:

> Note that if circuits are available to the PortMaster 3 but no modems
> are available, the PortMaster 3 will send a user busy signal back to
> the Telco when another call comes in, which gives the user a busy
> signal, instead of forwarding them to the next line in the hunt group.
> The Telco may be able to configure the line for "forward when busy."

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>