Re: (PM) 2ER connect to 3Com Hiper Access

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 01:59:14 -0700 (PDT)

On 3 Jul 1998, Matt Willey wrote:

> I am using my 2ER to dial-in to a 3Com Hiper Access unit. It
> completes the PAP login and then hangs at connecting. The decoder ring
> shows the last thing it does as Stac rejection.

I assume STAC is being offered and then NAK'd by us (the PM-2 I mean)
since we won't negotiate for STAC on a PM-2. Can you include the entire
PPP trace?

> My question is much more basic: Has anyone gotten a 2ER to
> complete an ISDN/PPP connection to a box like this?

For the heck of it, have you tried dialing in the other direction and
seeing what happens?

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>