Re: (PM) ISDN - long distance

Butch Kemper (kemper@tstar.net)
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:00:02 -0500

At 12:46 PM 7/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a customer that would like to use isdn. He is currently calling a
># which is simply call forwards to another #. (Makes him local to our
>pop) Anyhow, it is my understanding that once the call forwarding is
>setup and someone calls.. the transfer is all done internally in the
>telco.
>
>Can anyone tell me if this guy can make an isdn connection through
>something like this?

I once setup a trial of this situation as follows:

1. ISDN is available in College Station.

2. Bedia is an exchange with local calling to College Station.

3. GTE setup an RCF in Bedias that would forward to the ISDN number in
College Station.

I tried several times calling from an ISDN line in College Station to the
RCF in Bedias but was unable to establish an ISDN call. The problem might
have been that the Bedias switch did not have ISDN capability.

I have asked GTE local folks about this issue in a new location and an
waiting on their answer.

Butch