Re: (PM) Customer helped me test.. maybe I can find a cure..

Karl Denninger (karl@Mcs.Net)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 18:32:45 -0500

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 07:11:04PM -0400, Jon List wrote:
> I have a customer with a USR Sportster Internal 33.6, he was having
> problems connecting lately (since I upgraded the code in the PM3 to 3.8b15
> we found out). Today I reverted back to 3.7.2c3 and asked him to log in a
> few times for 15 minutes or so.. we sat on the phone gabbing and he got 5
> or 6 solid connections with no problem 28800. I flashed 3.8b15 back into
> the PM3, and instructed him to try again. 3 failed attempts in a row, he
> said it just sat there trying to handshake and eventually just dumped and
> when he did finally get a connection it was 19200/21600 at best.

This is not unusual, and matches our observations.

Short answer: Until Lucent/Livingston releases firmware that does both
V.90 and doesn't hose the older modulations, you're fscked.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV