Re: (PM) Mulitilink with PM3

Mark A. Edwards (mae@semp.net)
Wed, 27 May 1998 16:47:33 -0700

At 05:09 PM 5/26/98 -0500, Robert Hough wrote:
>I think I've got our PM3 doing everything I want it to do, thanks to alot
>of you. Last night I tested the ISDN abilities out, and was pretty happy
>while using 1B channel. When I went to do 2B channels, things seemed to go
>smoothly, but after about a minute of downloading a 3mb file, everything
>just stopped. Both channels stayed up, but no data was being sent. I
>thought maybe this was just the server, so I tried another, then another,
>and even locally a few times. Does anyone have an idea as to what would
>cause this? I've done 2B's just fine in the past, just not on our new
>hardware. If it helps, I'm using a Netgear RT328 to dial-in with, and
>didn't have BOD turned on, as I just wanted to test the 128k speeds...
>

>-=)> Robert Hough (rch@iserve.net)

I've got this one Nailed!

RMA your Netgear RT328. The motherboard is manufactured by ZyXEL. It's
the same thing inside as an ZyXEL Prestige 100. Open it up and take a
look. It says ZyXEL P128 on the board. Anyway, some of these things just
die during downloads. Probably a bad batch of 'em. My older P100s don't
have this problem. BTW it happens mostly when compression is enabled in
menu 11.1 Right?

When did you buy this RT328? In the last few weeks? Then it's part of
that batch?!

I strongly encourage anyone with a ZyXEL P1xx or Netgear RT-328 to join the
Prestige-Users mailing list available at:
http://www.zyxel.com

-Mark