Re: (PM) PRI Problems

Pete Baumgartner (pbaum@fbs.net)
Sat, 23 May 1998 20:46:11 -0400

At 04:04 PM 5/22/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Once upon a time Pete Baumgartner shaped the electrons to say...
>>Perhaps someone on this group might be able to help me out. I have 3
>>Portmaster 3's all running Com OS version 3.8b13 and I cannot get any of
>>them to sync up to the PRI lines I had Sprint install. The units are
>>optioned for ISDN, b8zs and ESF and a show line0 shows that the line is
>>up and the receive level is between +2.5 and -7.5Db, but all the
>
>Switch type. What is your switch type? I've seen this many times when
>that was set incorrectly. And don't rely on the physical type - a DMS-100
>could be NI-1 signalling.
>
>Can you send the list a 'show line0'?
>
>-MZ
A show line0 for the first Portmaster displays the following
---------------------- line0 - T1 Primary Rate ISDN ---------------

Receive Level: +2dB to -7.5dB

Alarms Violations
----------------------------- -----------------------------
Blue 0 Bipolar 0
Yellow 1 CRC Errors 0
Receive Carrier Loss 0 Multiframe Sync 0
Loss of Sync 0

A show line0 for the second Portmaster
---------------------- line0 - T1 Primary Rate ISDN ---------------

Receive Level: +2dB to -7.5dB

Alarms Violations
----------------------------- -----------------------------
Blue 0 Bipolar 804541
Yellow 1 CRC Errors 0
Receive Carrier Loss 1 Multiframe Sync 139333
Loss of Sync 1

Both Portmasters are optioned the exact same

The switch type is set to DMS-100 and this has been verified with Sprint to
be the correct switch type. Sprint is complaining about not seeing any
framing coming from my equipment, but I thought the telco was supposed to
provide framing and that was why the Portmaster is showing yellow alarms
(loss of frame). Sprint is also saying that the timing on the line is
slipping and want me to verify I am deriving timing from their line. As far
as I undersatnd it, there is no way to set up a Portmaster other than to
get timing from line0. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks