Re: (PM) Mysterious death?

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 05:39:51 -1000 (HST)

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998 pm-users@inka.de wrote:

> In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.980221191547.10356A-100000@tarjema.com> you wrote:
> : I've got 4 PM3s, all on Com OS 3.7.2c3, 2 ISDN, 2 with k56flex (which is
> : showing up all 12 of my x2 racks, by the way) and one of my ISDN PM3s is
> : giving me heartburn.
>
> : Every once in a while - like every 2-3 weeks - it just dies. Dead. Can't
> : telnet to it, can't ping it, it's not taking calls, nothing. The power is
> : still on, and if you look at the little lights on the back it looks ok.
> We have 3 PM3's and our latest one from 2/98 also have major
> stability problems. The other two boxes are working without any
> problems!
>
> When it goes down, no ping, no telnet, no call accepting... No
> console messages, NOTHING. Just dead...
>
> All PM3's run ComOS 3.7.2 (c2 seems to have bad PPP/UUCP performance here
> on some modemtypes, so we have to wait for a new release). But only
> the new one is crashing after some days. Strange...

newest is Livingston PortMaster PM-3 ComOS 3.7.2c3

Hmm wonder when they'll change the name in ComOS..

Anyhow... you should run a logging telnet session with something like
pmcommand to grab memory statistics etc.... or run debug on that
machine... and open a ticket and give the information requested to
support.

I had 3.7.2c2 do some strange things as I've noted, but c3 is working like
a charm... (knocks on his head)...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood