Re: (PM) ascend 2 b channel on demand

Jon Rust (jpr@vcnet.com)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:19:32 -0800

Descend requires the server to speak some special, proprietary protocol
to use DBA. Why, I'll never know. My understanding is that Ascend's BACP
is being used so that you can be on with both channels, make a phone
call, dropping one channel, and the it will being the channel back to
life when you hang up the phone. The way I understood it, Ascend's BACP
was not being usd for rubber-bandwidth (ie, when traffic is high enough,
bring up a second channel). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

OR-U, Netopia, Zyxel... anything but Ascends.

Jon

On 2/20/98 12:12 AM andy@denver.net proclaimed --