Re: (PM) SLC's, PM-3's, and GTE

Kyle Platts (kwplat1@uswest.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:02:06 -0600

Mark Radabaugh wrote:

> >THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SLC or ANY 'REMOTE' CONNECTED LINE NOT TO GET
> >KFLEX CONNECTIVITY.
>
> My impression from this list was that a SLC in the line ALWAYS killed
> K56
> connections. Am I mistaken in this belief?

Yes you are.

There are 2 flavors of Subscrber Loop Carrier. Universal and Integrated.
K56Flex should work without any problems in an Integrated SLC system. If
there is anyone who lives in Bellingham, WA and is willing to test, let
me know. I will verify if you're on a SLC or not and what kind.

--
Kyle Platts
Network Engineer