Re: 56k how? Summary please!

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 20:46:50 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Marty Likier wrote:

> At 10:10 PM 8/19/97 -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> >We have PM2eR-30s. I have seen a message on this list saying that they
> >can support 56k modems - is this true or do we have to upgrade to PM3s?
>
> 56K modem technology requires a digital trunk on one side on the link. I

and if you have digital on both ends then why bother with 56k? ;)

> don't know any individuals who have a T1 out to their house, so that

My friend in NJ just got one *turning green with jealousy* then again
their website is into the sex trade so that's making them some money..

Hmm, can Livingston make a web page or some FAQ list of how you can setup
for K56Flex? I will volunteer to assist...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood