Re: 56k how? Summary please!

Marty Likier (marty@livingston.com)
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 21:31:14 -0700

At 10:10 PM 8/19/97 -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
>We have PM2eR-30s. I have seen a message on this list saying that they
>can support 56k modems - is this true or do we have to upgrade to PM3s?

56K modem technology requires a digital trunk on one side on the link. I
don't know any individuals who have a T1 out to their house, so that
responsibility falls on the ISP. ;-) So I guess if you want to use a PM2,
you better find a modem rack that terminates 56K modems on the WAN side
(via T1/PRI), and has RS232 ports on the back-side. For a better
explanation on what is require at the ISP premise try our web at
http://www.livingston.com/Marketing/Products/56Krules.shtml

--
Marty Likier
Product Marketing Mgr.