Re: source for pm_command?

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 02:38:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Kelley Lingerfelt wrote:

> Since we are in the general area(it's a wide area), I downloaded the
> tarball that has pmconsole for linux 2.0.30. When I try to start it up it
> complains about some libxview library. This is pretty much a stock RedHat
> 4.2 system, with the XFree86 3.3 rpms already upgraded. Anybody running
> pmconsole on a RedHat system?

My workstation at FDT is RH 4.1. I upgraded a PM2 to 3.7 today, and I
could not get pmconsole (again) to work. I'm using stuff from
pm_3.5.3_Linux.tar.Z. When pmconsole starts up, I click on login, and
then on the login window, as soon as I hit a key to start typing in the
portmaster to connect to, the program dies. I quit Netscape 3.x, and
tried again a few times, same result. Several weeks ago, this was
happening, and I think quitting and restarting X let me use pmconsole.

Today, I didn't feel like doing that, so I used pminstall, and it worked
fine.

$ file data/pm2_3.7
data/pm2_3.7: PDP-11 old overlay

I know the PM2 is old...but is it that old? :)

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |