E-mail support (Re: OSPF checksum error on Cisco)

Stephen R. van den Berg (srb@cuci.nl)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:01:03 +0200

John G. Thompson wrote:
>If you need a quicker response, please CALL Livingston technical support
>and open a case. Emails are handled by 2 TSEs on a best effort basis (and
>by other TSEs on a very irregular basis), calls are handled by 5 CSRs and
>25 TSEs.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but:
- I presume handling a support case through E-mail is more efficient than
handling one through the phone (on average a person can handle more cases
through E-mail than by doing phone support).
- This should drive down the cost of support.
- Then why isn't Livingston stimulating users to use E-mail support by
putting more people on E-mail support?

--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

Some people live life in the fast lane. You're in oncoming traffic.