Re: Dumb question for 07/13/97 (fwd)

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 22:39:02 -0600 (MDT)

The assigned pool doesn't have/need a netmask. Each ip address is
assigned to a different port with the netmask of 255.255.255.255 (/32) - a
single ip address.

If you are using OSPF and telling it to advertise it will advertise the
assigned pool in a few different routes with varying netmasks to get the
exact number of ip addresses routed.