Cant get rid of USERNAMES (fwd)

Jeffrey Aizley (jha@gis.net)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 14:41:36 -0500 (EST)

We get this using standalone modems too...it has nothing to do with
the init strings...it happens when the modems get too hot..
you have to manually power cycle the modem and then reset
the port on the pm...you can try better cooling systems, putting
feet on the modems, getting steel cases....rack mounting...but
basically this is the downside of doing it the el-cheapo way....
We had a Practical Peripherals PM 288 burst into flames once right
before my eyes... was pretty damn cool I must tell you.. and
the funny thing was..once it stopped sizzling, the port went back
to IDLE...

Take Care,
Jeff