Re: USR Total Control vs. PM 3 (fwd)

MIX System Operator (sysop@mixcom.com)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 13:13:43 -0600

At 11:02 PM 11/9/96 -0800, MZ wrote:
>No, we will not support 2400. Going back that far would take more effort
>than it is worth. Sorry.

We haven't allow 2400 for the better part of a year and have offered some of
our old 14.4's to those with 2400 modems.

But from what I understand v.34 includes 2400 up in 2400 steps or at least
most modems will do v.34 at any speed from 2400 to 28800(33600). Don't the
ITU standards include backass compatability?

What is the lowest speed supported?

Certainly I wish the 3 9600 owners would get 14.4 and then I can set the
lowest speed to 14.4 and eliminate 2 possible steps in addition to the 3
eliminated by setting 9600 as the lowest possible speed.

Jeff Mountin
sysop@mixcom.com

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990

Sure my business card says "Senior Network Administrator"
They still make me do just about anything.