Re: A good init string for the HAYES OPTIMA rack series

Mike Gogulski (syadasti@seminole.iag.net)
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 18:56:11 -0500 (EST)

LPhillips@CYBERStream.net wrote:

> I am looking for a good and reliable init string for the hayes OPTIMA 28.8 rack
> series. I am particular dificulty (as usual for an ISP) with connections via a
> USR Sportster arbitrarily hanging up.

We were getting many spurious hangups on our eval unit (Century 16) until we
called Hayes. They advised us after what seemed like days of needless
"research" to disable retraining with &B0, and this has improved the
behavior of the modems substantially. Our sportsters are still better-
behaved over all, and our borrowed courier MP/8s work even more solidly
than either the Sportsters or the Optimas.

We're currently using ats0=1&c1&d2&b0&y0&w0 to perform our initial setup.

Peace,
Mike

--
Mike Gogulski                   syadasti@iag.net