Re: problems with dialup connection

Michael Dillon (michael@memra.com)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 02:14:47 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 1995, Bruce Bauman wrote:

> This customer has a USRobotics 14.4 internal modem on COM3 on a PC. She's
^^^^
Her mouse is on COM1, right?

> When she connects, it takes forever, and usually the connection drops
> before she can actually do anything. It appears that nothing is ever
> written to the radius accounting file.
>
> Any suggestions? Any ideas on how I can debug this problem? I'm just
> about at my wits end.

First make sure her PC is configured correctly. It can help if whe uses
Windows terminal to connect to the modem and issue ATI4 (USR modems) or
AT&V (most others) to see if something reasonable comes back.

Work through every link in the chain methodically.

BTW, you can't use COM3 if the mouse is on COM1.

Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com