Re: ISPs - What modems are you having the best luck with PMs

Michael Dillon (michael@memra.com)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 02:18:19 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 1995, Dick St.Peters wrote:

> > Day 1. They are a little bit more expensive, but it's funny you never
> > see questions in the mailing lists about "How do I remotely reset my
> > Courier" or "What init string do I use for my courier"... They just
> > work.

> After using Sportsters at my base POP (in my home) for my first year,
> I went with Couriers (MP/8 & MP/16 racks) for my remote POPs, and I
> upgraded my base POP also.
>
> I have yet to have one of the Courier racks last more than three weeks
> without losing modems.

The standalone Couriers appear to be different beasts from those racks. I
have heard lots of other horror stories about the USR racks but the
standalone Couriers just keep on working.

Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com