Re: Radius for NT *sighlet* (fwd)

Michael Dillon (michael@memra.com)
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 02:19:04 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz wrote:

> I think this all started with one post I made, which I stated was my
> *opinion* on the position of NT. I made that post and people went nuts,
> and the insults started. I don't know why really.

People are investing a LOT of money and energy into NT and NT expertise
in the hopes that it will become a huge market success. This is an
*EXTREMELY* risky position to take since the market success of the
product is not yet assured and they have no control over the factors that
will make or break NT. Now, after they have been hooked emotionally and
financially they are seeing that there are forces actively working
against NT (something Microsoft never mentioned before) and this makes it
all too clear how risky their position is.

> If I wasn't a Livingston
> employee I seriously doubt people would have gotten so bent by it.

Wrong. It has happened and IS happening on other lists and on USENET. I
have come across it so often that I think it is a new social phenomenon
not unlike music fandom where the object of admiration (Elvis or NT)
takes on a godlike stature. It's no longer just a question os OS
technology; it's now all a part of the human drama.

Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com