Re: Radius for NT *sighlet*

David Carmean (dave@west.net)
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 13:39:36 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 4 Nov 1995, John Betts wrote:

[snip]

> And to that bloody Livingston Tech support lamer, where the FUCK
> do you get off talking to customers or not?!?!? I don't care
> or not wether or not you care for NT, but THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS
> RIGHT, like it or not, and if you don't FUCK OFF, and climb
> back into your little whole, and don't ever talk to customers again,
> especially since they are the ones paying your salary.

I don't know whether Brian is officially representing
Livingston on this list or not...I don't know how one makes that
distinction, disclaimers not withstanding.

But if you want to see an example of a Principal of a Big
Company, let alone an employee, treating his customer base with
disrespect, you should have seen Marc Andreesen's posts when Netscape
was first formed! I think Brian does a reasonably good job of
restraining himself most of the time, and I know what it's like to be
a customer interface for an organization with strained resources, an
insistant customer group, and not have the authority to do anything
about it. It's pretty much Hell on the Phone (or terminal).

David Carmean WB6YZM DC574 dave@west.net
System/Network Administrator, WestNet Communications, Inc.
PGP Key Fingerprint: CD 1C C1 15 3E E3 1D 41 ED C2 3E A8 D6 29 BD C4