Re: UUCP

Allen J. Newton (anewton@basis.com)
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 08:52:04 -0700 (MST)

Hi, Nathan Mercer, in e-mail you wrote:
> Subject: UUCP
>
> We thought it would be a good idea have a dial up line solely dedicated for
> UUCP access.
>
> Therefore how can we set up a port on the pm so that it will only do UUCP,
> and will automatically start a UUCP session?
>
> Any tips/suggestions anyone? Any other ideas or things we should know about?

Easy. Set that one port up to auto-login to the UUCP host. Furthermore,
if you wish to isolate it to one UUCP account (either a generic or
dedicated one), you can specify that user ID as the auto-login ID.

Have fun!

Allen J. Newton     BASIS International Ltd,  (505)-345-5232
5901 Jefferson NE,  Albuquerque, New Mexico   87109
anewton@basis.com   Network Administrator     <*>