Re: Copying system PM to PM (fwd)

Allen J. Newton (anewton@basis.com)
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 13:36:12 -0600 (MDT)

Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz wrote:
> Subject: Copying system PM to PM (fwd)
>
> Once upon a time Rick Wagner Sysop Foothill-Net shaped the electrons to say...
> >I want to replace a PM2e10 with a PM2eR30...The PM2e is currently in service
> >and running version 3.1.4. The Brand New PM2eR30 still has version 3.1.3
> >I do not have PMINSTALL and I use BSDI/OS 2.0 as my server.
> >
> >I wish to copy the existing software and setup data from the PM2e tothe PM2eR
> >What is the easiest way to do this ..?
>
> First, you *must* have pmreadconf and pmconsole/pminstall. Without them you
> can't do this. Since the BSDI software is not out yet, you would need to
> use another OS. The PMconsole for Windows can do this if you have a Windows
> machine available. (pmreadconf is built in on windows.)
>
> Do a pmreadconf from the old unit. That will creat a binary of all the
> settings. Place that in the data directory for pmconsole. Put the new
> unit online. First upgrade it with 3.1.4, from our FTP site. Then 'install'
> the binary you saved.
>
> Note that because of the higher number of ports, you will have to configure
> them too.
>
> Why not pull the 2 expansion cards out of the PM-2e-30 and put them in the
> PM-2e-10?

*warning, Dr. Smith!* *warning!*

Brian - Rick wants to read the config out of his present PM2E-10
^^
and put it into his PM2ER-30
^^^

...just wanted to point that out before someone goes off and hoses his
brand new 2ER....

Allen J. Newton     BASIS International Ltd,  (505)-345-5232
5901 Jefferson NE,  Albuquerque, New Mexico   87109
anewton@basis.com   Network Administrator     <*>