Re: Call Backs

Mike Gogulski (syadasti@seminole.iag.net)
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 09:13:05 -0400 (EDT)

Pete Davis wrote:

> This is the same sort of response I received from Livingston. We have been
> Livingston customers since late 1993 and when I called to report an urgent
> problem and stressed my urgency and need to speak to somebody immediately
> I was not given any assistance and it took atleast 2 days to get a response.
> I can understand if it's highly busy not being able to take an emergency
> immediately, but it seems that something of that sort of priority would get
> a call back atleast in a couple of hours.

My experience so far has been a little different. We put our third pm2e30
online earlier in the week, and routing was hosed because the super-important
and essentially undocumented "reported address" features were not properly
set up. I phoned and asked to be put in the urgent queue. The president
of my company phoned half an hour later, and after 15 minutes on hold we
got to Todd, who solved our problem (and taught us about undocumented features)
in short order.

But I don't think there's a magic formula to it....

Peace,
Mike

--
Mike Gogulski                   syadasti@iag.net