Re: (PM) Differences between 3.9b24 and 3.9b26 (for PM3)

Diane Heckman (dheckman@livingston.com)
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 15:32:36 -0800

Good work Michael!

The only other change that you missed was this:
_______ Port Required for Telnet Device Service

The "set S0 service_device telnet" command now requires a TCP port number.

set S0 service_device telnet Tport

Tport Specifies the TCP port for the connection. The range is from
1 to 65535.

Previously, if the port number was omitted, the PortMaster listened on
port 23, the default Telnet port. This behavior caused problems for
users telnetting to the PortMaster.

>> * The PortMaster 3 no longer retains a remote router's Multichassis PPP
>> (MCPPP) master entry after the router disconnects. Previously, under
>> certain conditions, the master entry remained after disconnection and
>> prevented the PortMaster from routing the packets of this remote router
>> when it dialed in again.
Actually, this item was fixed in a previous release, but was never
documented in a release note. 3.9b22 will act the same way.

>As has already been discussed, the release notes erroneously reported
>that the modem code is the same as that in 3.8.2c2. Instead, it is
>the same modem code that was introduced in 3.9b22, and was also in
>3.9b24. (Lucent --- you really should update your online release notes
>to accurately reflect this.)
Carl is at a class, and his cell phone is turned off (such manners!).
I've left him voicemail and email asking him to fix this.

>I did not notice any new features that were not previously available in
>earlier 3.9b* releases. I would assume that the documentation of the
>new features might have been slightly updated since they were first
>announced in 3.9b8, but I didn't examine things on that level.
Slightly updated is right. The VPN section has some minor changes.
The NAT examples were rewritten and reordered, but 95% of the
content is the unchanged.

Diane Heckman
SQA Manager