Re: (PM) Re: (ANNC) ComOS 3.9b26 available for open beta

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:35:34 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Curtis Coleman wrote:

> No kidding. Even Lucent dumped the access servers that used their modem
> chipsets, in preference of the Rockwell chipsets in the MAX access
> servers, even though these chipsets are the majority of the cost.

Has Lucent made any official announcement that they won't use Lucent
chipsets in future products?

Lucent can't simply take existing Ascend products and shove Lucent chips
in without major hardware and software changes. I'll bet the next
generation of products designed under Lucent's ownership will have Lucent
chips.

Brian