Re: (PM) comos 3.9b24

Mike Tancsa (mike@sentex.net)
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:42:46 -0500

At 06:48 AM 12/9/99 -0800, mail2news-portmaster-users@csulb.edu wrote:
>In article <384db442.1036933110@mail.sentex.net>, mike@sentex.net says...
>>
>>If you are looking for an across the board increase, dont hold your breath.
>>Here is a b24 box as summarized from the RADIUS logs. i.e. people who have
>>already authenticated....
>> normal 92.29% 2216/2401
>> User Request - Call Circuit Closed 6.25% 150/2401
>> Lost Carrier 1.17% 28/2401
>> Port Error - Exceeded LAPM retransmission limit 0.21% 5/2401
>>Service Unavailable - Failed to detect V.42 remote 0.08% 2/2401
>>
>>The Call Circuit Closed stat correlates to people who have random
>>disconnect problems. On any given day, I see about 2% variance in
>>performance, which is about the same for 3.8.2c2. This is a DMS-100 PRI
>>box to Bell Canada.
>
>My understanding is that "Call Circuit Closed" is a normal occurrence
>with Dial-Up Networking.

Not necessarily. e.g.

neon2> reset m6
M6: Modem Resetting
neon2> S6: Session Terminated - User Request - Call Circuit Closed

If I reset a modem on this end, (note, its reset M#, not S#), It will
result in a CCC... The PM3 says the user requested a disconnect, but
clearly, the disconnection was/is caused on this end by an action initiated
here, not by the client. So, the best that can be said is that some
percentage between 0 and 6.25% is the fault of the PM3. Either way, people
who complain about disconnects generally have CCC as their termination reason.

---Mike