RE: (PM) PM3 Dial Back Troubles

A PM3 User (pmuser@speedynet.net)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:48:18 -0500

Greetings....

> Subject: Re: (PM) PM3 Dial Back Troubles

> "Scott A. Karlo" wrote:
> > pm1> show location SMB
> >
> > Location: SMB Type: Manual
> > Destination: Negotiated Netmask: 255.255.255.0
>
> Not good. You should set the address you are asigning them not
> just letting
> them pick ANY address. Also do yout really want to route them 255
> addresses?

I understand about the address and we'll fix the routing, right now we're
just trying to get the PM3 to actually dial-out... it doesn't seem to be
doing this and I can't tell where it is halting, be it the PRI being
mis-configged or us having something flaky with the PM3 port config... I
would think that if it were set up properly to at least call out that the
phone attached to the line the modem is attached to we would hear this phone
ring but we don't.

> > Protocol: PPP Options: Quiet, VJ-Comp, Analog
> > Group: 2 Max Ports: 2
> > Idle Timeout: 0 minutes High Mark: 0 bytes
> > Mtu: 1500 Async Map: 00000000
> > Username: karlosa Password: XXXXXXXX
> > Telephone: 8779194
>
> What is at te other end? You do not need a script is it is a PAP
> compatiable router. ALso have you tried a PPP debug also?

The other end has been both a Win95 box with the dial-up server running and
an NT4 box... no luck.

Running PPP Decoder on the port only gives:

CCIF_Proc - PRIM_BTYPE
CCIF_ProcPrim: Dsl_ID=0 Prim_ID=341
CCPMSG_InCall - Accepting invalid Called Number
S40: Connection Failed
CCIF_Proc - PRIM_BTYPE
CCIF_ProcPrim: Dsl_ID=0 Prim_ID=341
CCPMSG_InCall - Accepting invalid Called Number

This continues but there was only one requested connection and watching the
port in PMVision only one visible attempted connection.

So what I am wondering is:

1) If we have the PM3 configured enough to do a proper dial-out, would we
not hear that cal coming in on a phone connected to the line?

2) Is there any idication that the problem is in the configuration of our
line (PRI)?

Thanks much!
-Scott A. Karlo
President
SpeedyNet Internet Services, a Division of CompuWeb, Inc.
330.877.8892 or toll free 888.8.SPDYNET fax 330.877.1524
info@speedynet.net http://www.speedynet.net/
Web Hosting * Internet Access * Dedicated Lines * Friendly Service
"We re-define the concept of SERVICE, give us a call!"