Re: (PM) Actual 56k V.90 connection!

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:55:22 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Rick Davidson wrote:

> FYI
> I had a customer come in to have her laptop configured for my service ( I
> see a joke in there somewhere), She was using the CirrusLogic PCMCIA 56K
> bps FAX MODEM CARD. It would not connect without three commas after the
> number but it connected at 56000 every time! As expected the upload speeds

Uhm, not new ;)

Look at archives for my note about Hayes 4970(?) I think that was the
model. It was a mucked up .inf file that did it. I had the same also
56000 down 9600 up. 7-8K rates were achieved, but the consistency wasn't
there.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>