Re: (PM) timing issues on pm3 line1 (fwd)

Robert Hanson (roberth@cet.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:49:54 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, MegaZone wrote:
> Funny that it isn't a problem for nearly all users.

kinda, it's only funny to people that DONT take their circuit reliability
serious enough to notice or dont have the tools or are too uninformed to
notice.

> If there is a serious problem then it sounds like the line in use is
> not synced to the universal clock like it should be. If it is being
> fed by some internally generated stand-alone clock then it is likely to
> break a lot, that's just a limitation. It was designed to work with
> network clocks.

limitation? yes, a serious limitation.

> I think this is called a bullshit statement. It works flawlessly on a
> proper network. End of story.

end of what story? no, line1 clocking is "out of spec" aka defective.

nothing bullshit about my statement. get off your "know it all" horse or
test it out for yourself.

> Nothing can be done, it is how the HW is designed. And it has been working
> fine for thousands of PM-3s for a long time. There is no fundamental flaw,
> the trouble is when it is used with disparate clock sources. Which is an
> abnormality in the network.

i strongly disagree.

who does know how the clocking is handled on th pm4? is it flawed like the
pm3? i doubt it, yet the question has to be asked.

Robert H. Hanson Cutting Edge Communications, Inc.
422 West Riverside Reliably Serving Idaho & Washington For 5 Years
Suite #516 **HIGH SPEED DSL SERVICE IS AVAILABLE FROM CET!**
Spokane, Wa. 99201 Regional Commercial Internet Service Provider
(509) 444-INET email: roberth@cet.com - http://home.cet.com/