Re: (PM) Multicast Routing

Dave (dat@insync.net)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:44:00 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, John Storms wrote:

> The IGMP feature being worked on for PM4.1 is an IGMP proxy and not a
> full blown IGMP implementation. It is being developed for a
> particular application and may only be applicable in a limited number
> of sites.

Can you elaborate on that "particular application"? We've been led to
believe that we'll be able to turn on multicast routing to provide mbone
access to our downstream customers via v4.1's new IGMP support.

--
David Thomas <dat@insync.net>                    (v) (713) 407-7000 x121
Network Administrator                            (f) (713) 407-7070