Re: (PM) Multicast Routing

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 06:40:48 -0800

At the moment we do not support IGMP. There are no firm plans to
incorporate this feature into the PortMaster. OSPF and RIPv2 (in PM4 4.1
alphas) use multicast addresses, but this is far from a full fledged IGMP
implementation.

At 08:14 AM 2/16/99 -0800, Douglas Michaud wrote:
>In message <36C92B1D.E75F4A2F@wserv.com>, Jordan Mendelson writes:
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I was curious to know if the Portmaster 3 or the Portmaster 4 support
>>multicast routing yet. I am interested in provided multicast access for
>>dialup customers as an added benefit, however I am unable to find any
>>mention of it on the livingston web site.
>
>does not currently, don't know if they plan to support it.
>

>-------
>Douglas Michaud, {dmichaud|admin6}@teleport.com, Network Engineering
>PGP Id=FADF93C5, Fprint=B9 04 FD FA E7 4C 83 69 DD 45 E2 D2 17 D5 DD 2F
>Teleport, Inc | 319 SW Washington #400, PDX OR | 503.223.0076
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

---
jstorms@lucent.com (Galactic Hero)
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.