Re: (PM) RE: Stuck PM3 ports

David A. Allen (davea@gwi.net)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:33:36 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Erik P. Power wrote:

> Oh, I just noticed that there are 2 multi-link interfaces that won't seem to
> go away--ptp51 and ptp52. These are not bound to any active ports.

I have seen this.

This was an ISDN user using multilink. They called because they
thought they were connected, but could not surf. This unit showed both
chanels of this ISDN link as V ports and the user was not logged in
anywhere else. I reset one of the V ports and the other dropped as well.
The user logged back on and all was well.

David Allen
Network Operations
Great Works Internet