RE: (PM) PM3 cannot ping network

Dan Klopfer (pm@ncwebsurfer.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:35:56 -0800

I tried another cable and same results. I tried plugging it into another
port om my switch and it worked. Then did another ping and it did not work.
Then did another ping and it worked.

So now I'm not sure hardware is the problem. I remember of the last month
that I have lost the connection to the PM3 via PMVision. Have not lost a
connection to my other PM3's though.

Do you think it may be the PM3 or bad ports on the switch. I will replace
the cable just in case.

Thanks for your help!

Dan Klopfer wrote:

> Had a power outage and when it came back up one of our PM3's cannot see
the
> network.
>
> I checked the IP and netmask. everything looks fine. Is there something
> else I should check for it to see the network?

show ether0

Check the cable and connection to the HUB. I've had HUBs flake out after a
poweroutage and need to be reset.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"