Re: (PM) RFE - Change PM-4 port numbering

Joshua M. Thompson (om@mich.com)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 15:18:58 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Robert Boyle wrote:

> At 11:15 PM 2/13/1999 -0800, MegaZone wrote:
>
> >XXYYY - where XX is the slot, and YYY is the port number.
> >
> >Say port five on slot 4 would be 04005 - port 4005. I belive the slots
> >are numbered 00-09 (I know, the ethernet, etc, have slot numbers - I'm
> >taking physical slots.) One advantage to this is immediately knowing
> >what slot a port is in. 9096 is port 96, slot 9. 96 is port 96, slot 0.
>
> That is a great idea. I second this and I would really, really like to see
> it in ComOS 4.1...

I'll second the motion. It's a pain in the butt when one of my tech
support guys uses my 'pmshow' tool (which is SNMP based) and ends up
seeing S0-S95 and then another S0-S95. It also makes it damned hard for me
to look at RADIUS records and see where someone is logged in so I can go
take a quick look at their port (for debugging or whatever); I have to
scroll through both blades looking for them.

--
Network Administrator        | FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC.
mich.com, Inc.               |   -- The motto of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch