Re: (PM) Simultaneous Boot-Offs for NT Radius/PM3??

James Sheppard-Cybergap (staff@cybergap.net)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:26:36 -0500

What you can do is assign the "abusers" a static IP address. Then when
their friend logs on they will also get the same IP address. What will
happen when both users have the same IP? It makes it very difficult to get
anything from the Web.

When they call to complain you tell them the system can not work with
multiple log ins. If you tell them the system gets confused (or what ever)
with multiple logins then they understand. If you tell them it's a company
policy then they get all upset and scream about unlimited use.

Then ask them to change their password. In a couple of weeks you can put
the IP address back. Once they realize their friend will essentially screw
them up if they connect on their account, you will not have problems with
them again.

James Sheppard
Cybergap Internet Services
Phone (717) 273-9689 FAX (717) 274-9230