Re: (PM) Simultaneous Boot-Offs for NT Radius/PM3??

Zak Wolfinger (zak@ismg.net)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:03:17 -0500

Check out MaxStat (www.maxstat.com). It allows you to define how many
logins are allowed by default (1) and per user limits. It will also handle
session timeouts, create a who's online html page, email users that it
dumps, etc, etc. It runs on Win9.x and NT.

Strangely enough, I never saw this program mention on this list, I found it
while browsing at www.winfiles.com.

Zak Wolfinger - Network Administrator
Internet Services Management Group
zak@ismg.net - (888) 922-3462

-----Original Message-----
From: System Support <admin@allegan.net>
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com <portmaster-users@livingston.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 1:54 AM
Subject: (PM) Simultaneous Boot-Offs for NT Radius/PM3??

We now have some users abusing our service by "sharing" their user id's.
I've noticed a bunch of people with multiple logins. The easiest way to
prevent this is to do that, prevent it from occurring. (As an aside, I
can't believe this functionality was never built into Radius NT
(Livingstons)) Anyways, I see all kinds of posts about TSMON and PMMON, but
all of these are Unix apps. Is there anything that is available for NT
other than replacing Radius altogether with a different one that has this
built-in support?

Thanks.

--- Allegan Internet Services, Inc. --- (ICQ: #15639140) ---
--- 100% v.90 56K Dial-Ups --- No Busy Signals Guaranteed ---
--- Test-Drive us for a MONTH for FREE! (New customers only) ---
--- http://www.allegan.net/ --- (616)686-9600 --- 686-9200 fax ---