Re: (PM) Fast Busy probably not a PM problem

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 12:48:51 -0800

At 14:16 -0600 2/5/99, Jim Brill wrote:
> I don't see how a problem with a Portmaster could cause fast busy, it would
> just result in a normal busy. Call your phone company.

One example where--seemingly--the PM3 was involved (conspiring with
the telco switch, probably).

On a DMS-10 switch, we would get occasional fast busies (plenty of
capacity in the line). The telco did some measuring (both for us and
for other PM3 users with the same problem) and determined that the
PM3 was doing something a bit before the switch was ready. Changing
from 0 digits of called number to one digit cured the
problem...presumably by changing the timing.

But the cause you suggest is probably much more common. [The DMS-10
that had the problem with us has been replaced by a DMS-100.]

--john

John Baxter
General OlympusNet messages to: tcijb@olympus.net
OlympusNet Tech Support for Macintosh: mac-support@olympus.net