ISPF2 and LRABU attending (Re: EOL products (was Re: (PM) How old are you now?) (fwd))

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:27:09 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time I don't work for Lucent RABU shaped the electrons to say...
> >The take is that they said they were promised 4000-5000 attendees. I
>
> I highly, highly doubt that. I'm on the ISP/C BoD, as is Jon Mann of
> Lucent RABU, and I never heard anything outside of ~300-500 discussed for
> a new conference. Sure, we'd *love* to *grow* like that, but expecting
> 4-5K attendees *first year* would be crazy.

/me nods ... but that's a claim by one of the marketing managers and he
was quite incensed at the turnout... *shrug* I'll reiterate that someone
in Marketing didn't do their research for the market that was there.
To me, LRABU needs to have a presence mainly to make people feel good.
Hey beta guys, go ask Paul if you can go!!

> >that magnitude. Somewhere around 300-400 (I don't remember the counts)
> >were there, thus it wasn't justified for the expense they had made to
> >sponsor...
>
> Lucent was very kind for the first year, coming asa Platinum level
> sponsor. Livingston was, I believe, the first ISP/C vendor member. Which
> is why I'm upset that Lucent RABU apparenly is not participating in an
> official capacity in ISPF 2.

I wonder if this is more of a Lucent mentality (old AT&T style) or if
things are just getting too hectic that they are shooting for the carrier
class for big-ticket purchases? If the latter is the case, I sincerely
hope that they don't abandon us small shops with 1-3 PM2s or PM3s.

> >*shrug* I'd still like to push them to have a simple presence. Again,
>
> There is a month left, and it is in San Diego - not a long trip from
> Pleasanton. If people want Lucent RABU at ISPF 2 - *let them know now!*

Done that, which led to some of this information... I can't go to ISPF2,
but I wonder what bribery I need to do to see LRABU at ISPF3 ;) That I
_really_ want to attend!

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>